2pi Software uses an Agile approach for software development and offers Scrum and PRINCE2 courses.
Agile, the Scrum Framework in practice
Scrum is a simple yet incredibly powerful set of principles and practices that help teams deliver products in short cycles, enabling fast feedback, continual improvement, and rapid adaptation to change. If you have experience in Scrum you have an advantage in future job opportunities.
- Create understanding of the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto, complexity thinking and the empirical approach.
- Helping to organize the roles, artefacts, events and rules and binding them together.
- Coaching the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team to understand their responsibilities and help them to create high-value products.
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum implementation.
- Facilitating the Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Scrum Review and Scrum Retrospective events.
- Helping the team create clear and concise Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Product Increment artefacts.
- Helping the team with create a release plan and how to report the project status in Scrum.
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Removing impediments to the Development team’s progress.
- Coaching the Product Owner in developing and describing Use Cases and User Stories.
- Explaining how to incorporate technical and User Testing during product development.
Project Management, the PRINCE2 method in practice
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management.
The method is widely recognised and understood and so provides a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project, which helps effective communication. The method also provides for the explicit recognition of project responsibilities so that participants understand each other’s roles and needs. There is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication. PRINCE2 can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
- Shared understanding of scope, cost management, timing, assumptions /constraints, risks / issues, resources, quality, special considerations / exceptions, development methodology considerations, team members and associated roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures
- Preparing, structuring and managing a project
- Working effectively with the organization, project team and project leader
- Processes that can disrupt projects, and how to deal with conflicts of interest or priority
- Management by exception, and how to deal with unplanned events and changes to project scope
Agile and/or Project Management Consultancy
We understand that implementation of Agile and/or Project methodology requires discipline and practise. Many organizations have found a period of consulting in addition to formal training, valuable. In particular, consulting provides the opportunity for the consultant to assist staff members to apply agile/project methods in their workplace. To put the Scrum Framework and/or PRINCE2 method into practice please contact us for more information.