Progressive Web Apps and ERP
Introducing Cmfive – a fully responsive ERP infrastructure framework
We recently developed “Probuild Timetracker” – a progressive web application based on the Cmfive ERP development framework. Cmfive has grown out of a large ERP development for a renewable energy retailer in regional NSW. This system enabled the business to fulfill its tight operational deadlines and save cost in a market with narrow profit margins.
Cmfive is the basic core of the original ERP system and is available as open source on github (https://github.com/2pisoftware/cmfive). It is written in PHP 7 and currently relies on the globally popular open source relational database MySQL (or, commonly, the high reliability AWS RDS equivalent) for storing data, and runs in both Windows Server and Linux Operating System environments . Since its release in 2013, 2pi Software has invested considerable resources in the further development of the framework and its deployment in commercial solutions. Cmfive is widely promoted to the developer community and to date 2pi Software has delivered many successful commercial projects built on Cmfive as the core architectural component. More information about Cmfive can be found on its website at http://cmfive.com.
The Cmfive user interface is inherently responsive and based on the universally acclaimed Foundation classes (http://foundation.zurb.com/) – user screens automatically adjust to either phone, tablet or desktop.
Cmfive already includes many of the components which are necessary for an integrated business application, including, but not limited to:
- User and group management
- Role based permission management
- Re-usable templates for email, notifications, etc.
- Task and workflow management
- Modular architecture for easy extensibility and separation of concerns
- Flexible site-based printing
- Global search
- Convenient Report creation – easily modifiable ‘by the business’, including remotely accessible databases
- Per-module context sensitive help
- User convenience features – comments and files directly attachable to key business data elements, forum-style comment trails
- Integration with other systems (commercial add-ons):
- Xero and Quickbooks Cloud accounting systems
- Active Directory integration and Windows SSO
- Amazon S3 for storing attachments in the cloud
- Civica Authority Council ERP
- Micronet MRS
- Other systems upon request …