Vegemite – Enterprise-grade WordPress Website Development in the AWS cloud
In 2017 our web team assisted in bringing the vegemite brand back to Australia
Bega Cheese Limited
Eight week delivery time frame beginning in April of 2017.
Services provided by 2pi Software
Strategy, research, design, project management, implementation, ongoing support and maintenance and training of Bega Cheese IT and marketing staff.
The Vegemite brand and associated marketing (website etc.) was being acquired by Bega Cheese Limited. Discussions for transitioning brand materials began in April 2017. It was critical that a solution be delivered by June of 2017.
We began the initial design work to transition a non-Wordpress site into a functional WordPress platform while allowing additional content to be added easily. We kept the system within existing brand guidelines.
Our AWS team developed a hardened infrastructure so that WordPress could function well in a scalable AWS environment. Two weeks prior to delivery, penetration testing commenced and we worked closely with security teams to close vulnerabilities and establish protocols for future Bega sites.
The site was successfully launched in June of 2017 much to the happiness of Bega Cheese Limited, their legal team and all of Australia.
- A consistent brand transfer for Bega Cheese Limited
- An extremely fast turnaround time which allowed a pre-launch marketing campaign and the meeting of critical legal requirements mandated by the acquisition
- Continued implementation of our cloud security procedures
- A powerful new marketing platform for Bega Cheese Limited
- A simple to use Content Management System which allows the Vegemite Digital Marketing team to swiftly deliver new marketing campaigns